CITY OF LOS ANGELES
Dear Prospective Applicant:
Chief’s Regulation No. 4 Certificate of Fitness
Thank you for inquiring about obtaining a Chief’s Regulation No. 4 Certificate of Fitness to conduct testing of fire protection equipment in the City of Los Angeles. Before starting the application process, NEW applicants must attend a MANDATORY Orientation that will provide an opportunity to familiarize applicants with the testing process prior to the written exam. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for an upcoming orientation, obtain a link to the Dropbox for the new application checklist, application form, business information form, and 2014 Reg 4 Program Manual. To apply, please provide the information requested below:
- A completed, signed application and business information form.
- Required application checklist and study material receipt forms.
- A resume showing at least 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 reference letters for experience and performance.
- A copy of your Driver's License.
- A copy of the City of Los Angeles Business License for the affiliated company.
- A copy of the Contractor’s License (if applicable) for the appropriate equipment or copy of a Type “A” license issued by the State Fire Marshal.
- Any pertinent information or certificates, i.e., trade school, NICET certification, etc.
- Check payable to the Los Angeles Fire Department. The current fee is $2022.00 for each box checked on page 2 of the application.
To complete the application, email email@example.com to make an appointment and submit the required information in-person to:
Los Angeles Fire Department
City Hall East
200 North Main Street, Room 1750
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Enclosed you will find information which should be reviewed before scheduling an appointment for the written portion of the examination process. You have one year from the date when your application was processed to complete your whole certification. For additional information, contact the Chief’s Regulation No. 4 Unit by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very truly yours,