LAFD PUBLIC ASSEMBLAGE UNIT OVERSIGHT
- Issue special permits for special events, tents, vehicles in public assemblages, fire performers and open flames, as well as special effects pyrotechnics.
- Provide over-the-counter consultations for plan check and event approval where appropriate.
- Review and approve plans for trade shows, fireworks display, circus tents, conventions, exhibits, street fairs or festivals, special effects displays, special gatherings, change of use and live audience shows.
- Conduct code enforcement inspections to insure fire/life safety and exiting requirements are enforced.
- Train, test, certify and supervise all Certified Public Assemblage Inspector Reserves (CPAIR).
- Establish and enforce occupancy load limitations in public assemblage occupancies.
- Serve as liaison with the City, County, State, Federal and private agencies in regards to special events and special effects pyrotechnics.
- Maintain a work force during evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide safety enforcement at time when life hazards are normally most serve.
- Meet and coordinate with Bureau of Street Services (BOSS), Los Angeles Department Building and Safety (LADBS), Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) and Department of Traffic (DOT).
- Prepare illegal Public Assemblage closures reports for submittal to the Legal Unit and City Attorney Office resulting from noncompliance with codes and regulations.
- Application for Specific Action or Project Permit (Fillable PDF)
- Candle Permit (Fillable PDF)
- Plot Plan Instructions
- Special Event General Requirements
- Special Event Procedures
- Special Permit for Temporary Cooking (Fillable PDF)
- Tents & Canopies
- UFSO Direct Pre-Payment (Fillable PDF)
- Bureau of Street Services (BOSS)
- Harbor Department - City of Los Angeles Port Police
- Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS)
- Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks - Park Film Office
- Los Angeles Police Department Special Events Unit (SEPU)
- Los Angeles City Department of Finance
- Office of the State Fire Marshal Motion Picture & Entertainment Unit
[Click here to view the Public Assemblage Inspection District Map]
Captain II - Leroy Rogers
Inspector II - John Benn (#229)
Inspector I - Aaron Walker (#222)
Inspector I - Dennis Clay (#211)
Inspector I - Dennis Clemons (#263)
Inspector I - Howard Love (#223)
Inspector I - James Fisher (#213)
Inspector I - John Williams (#225)
Inspector I - Kwante Hampton (#221)
Inspector I - Lance Matthews (#212)
Inspector I - Leon Jones (#224)
Inspector I - Mario Pinel (#264)
Inspector I - Patricia Ramirez (#214)
Senior Administrative Clerk - Katey Miranda
Administrative Clerk - Deanna Minatiskan-Vargas
Public Assemblage Unit (Metro, Hollywood, West LA and Harbor)
(213) 978 - 3650 or (213) 978 - 3640
Valley Public Safety Unit
(818) 374 - 1110