Los Angeles Fire Department
Mission Statement, Focus, Values and Goals
As adopted by the Los Angeles Fire Commission:
It is the mission of the Los Angeles Fire Department to preserve life and property, promote public safety and foster economic growth through leadership, management and actions, as an all risk life safety response provider.
The Department will focus its efforts on responding rapidly to emergencies, providing appropriate intervention and community education.
OUR CORE VALUES...
- To Residents:
- We owe the residents of Los Angeles the highest quality of service possible, characterized by responsiveness, integrity and professionalism. We will continually strive for quality improvement.
- To Fire Department:
- We owe the Los Angeles Fire Department our full commitment and dedication. We will always look beyond the traditional scope of our individual positions to promote teamwork and organizational effectiveness.
- To Each Other:
- We owe each other a working environment characterized by trust and respect for the individual, fostering open and honest communication at all levels.
- To Ourselves:
- We owe ourselves personal and professional growth. We will seek new knowledge and greater challenges, and strive to remain at the leading edge of our profession.
- GOAL #1:
- Develop an organization to effectively administer and manage the resources of the Department.
- GOAL #2:
- Develop a system for minimizing the impact of disasters and other emergencies on life and property.
- GOAL #3:
- Provide an effective Emergency Medical Services System.
- GOAL #4:
- Provide an effective Fire Prevention and Public Safety System.