Chief Deputy Alfred Poirier commands the LAFD's Emergency Operations Bureau. The primary responsibility of Emergency Operations is to direct, coordinate and control the line functions of the LAFD. This includes the Four Geographic Bureaus, EMS Section, and Medical Director. Other responsibilities include:
- Representing the Fire Chief at City Council, Council Committees and various governmental agency meetings as directed.
- Responding to major emergencies and other incidents as head of an Incident Management Team.
- Supervising the Productivity Program and acting as the Department’s Productivity Coordinator.
- Assigning and overseeing the work of various Department committees.
- Acting as a liaison between the Fire Department and management personnel of other City Departments.
- Conducting pre-disciplinary hearings and making appropriate recommendations to the Fire Chief of corrective action.
— Find Your Station
— Fire Safety
— Medical Emergencies
— Evacuation Info
— Disaster Readiness
— Smoking Violation
— Fire Stat LA
— Los Angeles Community Resource Guide for Immigrant Angelenos